Lavender Scarf Pattern (PDF) - Knitting Pattern by Phibersmith Designs
The comfort and elegance of lavender is rendered here in a fascinating knitted stitch. It is simple to do, yet produces an intricate effect (and at the heart of it, isn’t that why we all love to knit?).
The scarf progresses in a soothing repeat that is easy to follow or customize, and never gets boring. This pattern is made for hand-dyed variegated yarn. The colours won’t get lost in the stitch pattern, and conversely, the stitch pattern is showcased by the changing shades.
Made in luxurious fingering weight superwash merino, this is the perfect scarf for transitioning seasons.
The pattern includes written instructions as well as charts of the increasing and decreasing sections at each end. The pattern uses one skein, with guidelines for using more to make a longer version. One size.
Tools & Materials
- Yarn: Fingering weight (Yarn Indulgences Indulgent Fingering, 100% superwash merino, 100g = 438 yards/401 m)
- Needles: US Size 4 - 3.5mm
Stitches Used (beyond K & P)
- KFB = knit into front and back of same stitch (inc 1)
- K2tog = knit two stitches together (dec 1)
- Lavender stitch = specific instructions included in the pattern