Cineprismatic Shawl Knitting Pattern (PDF) by Phibersmith Designs
A canvas of deep grey in undulating cables and lace shows off a daringly hand-painted yarn to perfection. The yarn is concentrated in the centre of the design with a stranded honeycomb pattern. This insulated section will lie right over your shoulders, or wrap your neck with an extra layer of warmth. The six shawl sections are simply built with predictable increases and easy to memorize stitch patterns. The yarn is a beautiful blend of Pine Hollow Farm’s own super soft Norbouillet crossbred wool with a touch of mohair for added drape and sheen.
Pattern includes complete written instructions, as well as charts for each stitch pattern.
55” (140 cm) at longest edge, 23” (58.5 cm) deep at widest point.
Tools & Materials:
- Yarn: Fingering weight
Pine Hollow Farm 3-ply, 85% Norbouillet wool, 15% mohair, 408 yds/100 g & Pine Hollow Farm 3-ply, 60% Norbouillet wool, 40% mohair, 408 yds/110 g.
- Yardage: 816 yards (408 yds each colour)
- Needles: US Size 4 / 3.5 mm 36" circular needle
- Gauge: 25 sts & 32 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch
- Cabling with two colours
- Stranded colourwork on right and wrong sides of work
- Rather than breaking the yarn each time a colour change occurs, the pattern includes instructions for using a crochet hook to slip-stitch the unused yarn along the border of the just-worked section.
Stitches Used (beyond K & P):
- Various cable stitches
- CDD = central double decrease
Full list of abbreviations included with pattern. Yarn buying information for Pine Hollow Farm included.
See pattern on Ravelry.