Aerie Shawlette Pattern (PDF) by Phibersmith Designs
Fall is the season of knitting: it’s the season when cozy is the watch-word and critters and humans alike start thinking about hibernation and well-insulated nests. Soon the bite in the air will have you reaching for a bit of your nest to take with you, and what better than a luxurious blend of alpaca and silk knit up in a beautiful slip of lace shawl? Wrap it or drape it - it’s the perfect size, and the perfect extra layer.
The shawl is built around the central lace section, and finished with an open-work ruffle. Lace patterns are fairly simple - this is not a first lace project, but neither is it very intimidating. See special techniques list and stitches used below. Full abbreviations list included in pattern.
Lace patterns are charted as well as written out in full. One size.
Tools & Materials
- Yarn: Laceweight/2ply, 428 yds/391 m (Lady Slipper Alpacas Alpaca & Silk, 100g = 428 yds/391 m)
- Needles: US Size 6 / 4mm
- Gauge: 18 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in Centre Section stitch pattern, blocked.
- Lace knitting
- Crochet provisional cast-on (tutorial link included)
- Picking up stitches along garter stitch edge (tutorial link included)
- Picking up stitch from row below
Stitches Used (beyond K & P)
- YO = yarn over
- K2tog = knit 2 together
- SSK = slip, slip, knit slipped sts together
- CDD = central double decrease