Filetage Fingerless Gloves Pattern (PDF) - Knitting Pattern by Phibersmith Designs
A few simple twists, and the classic fingerless glove is turned upside down – literally. These gloves are worked from the fingers-up, and the smocked motif on the upper-side is repeated in miniature underneath as a sweet wrist-shaping technique. The length, spacing and shaping is up to you. Customize them to your heart’s content: the pattern is fully charted.
Knit in all-natural, light-as-air alpaca from Lady Slipper Alpacas in Belwood, Ontario, these are your must-have cool weather accessory. Hide them from your non-knitting friends though, or you’ll be making them all winter…
Pattern includes both written and charted instructions; notes about customizing fit; resources section with links to tutorials and hand-measuring guidelines.
- Small/Medium: to fit hand circumference 6 1/2” – 7” (16.5cm – 17.75 cm)
- Medium/Large: to fit hand circumference 7” – 7 1/2” (17.75cm – 19cm)
Tools & Materials
- Yarn: Light Fingering weight / 3 ply (Lady Slipper Alpacas 100% Farm Alpaca, 100g = 308 yards/282 m)
- Needles: US Size 2 - 2.75 mm
- Smocking stitch: requires use of a cable needle (a spare needle to slip the stitches to be smocked out of the main body of knitting - can be an extra DPN)
- Knitting in the round
- Stretchy cast-on & bind off (notes,
suggestions & resources included in
Stitches Used (beyond K & P)
- K2tog = knit 2 sts together
- P2tog = purl 2 sts together
- SSK = slip, slip, knit slipped sts together
- PFB = purl into front & back of same st
- 3SW2 = 3 sts wrapped twice (full details included in pattern)
- 4SW2 = 4 sts wrapped twice (full details included in pattern)
Full list of abbreviations in pattern.