Plicata Shawl Knitting Pattern (PDF) by Phibersmith Designs
Pleats create the crescent shape and add drama to this cozy sport-weight shawl. Easy increases and decreases are paired with a simple textured lace pattern and bold colours for a statement piece that will become a favourite staple. The beautiful hand-dyed BFL yarn knits up quickly into a comforting weight and drape.
Pattern includes complete written instructions, as well as chart for lace stitch pattern.
78” (198 cm) along inward-curved edge. 17 1/2” (44.5 cm) deep at widest point.
Tools & Materials:
- Yarn: Sport weight
Georgian Bay Fibre Co. Bayfield DK (100% Blue Faced Leicester Wool, 115g = 252 yds / 230 m), 2 skeins Main Colour, 2 skeins Complementary Colour.
Pictured in Henrietta’s Pie (MC) & Whitestone Moss (CC).
- Yardage: Approx. 500 yds (457 m) MC & 300 yds (274 m) CC.
- Needles: US Size 6 (4 mm).
- Gauge: 19 sts & 27 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch, wet blocked.
- Lace knitting
- Knitted pleats (tutorial video link in pattern)
Stitches Used (beyond K & P):
- KFB (knit into front and back of same stitch)
Full list of abbreviations included with pattern.